Intellectual Property Information
VIF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The terms of this Notice govern your use or access to www.vif.com and any other website operated by VIF or its related bodies.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in the VIF Website and contents on them (including, without limitation, the software, design, text and graphics comprised in VIF Website and the selection and layout of VIF Website) are owned or licensed by us and protected by the laws of Canada and other countries.
- You are authorized to view VIF Website and its contents using your web browser.
- You must not otherwise reproduce, transmit, communicate, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish or otherwise use any of the material on VIF Website, including audio and video excerpts, except as permitted by our prior written consent.
VIF Trade Marks
The VIF Website include registered trade marks and trade marks which are the subject of pending applications or which are otherwise protected by law including, but not limited to the word VIF, the VIF logo, You may not use our trade marks or the names ‘Virtual Industry Forum V.I.F. Inc.” or the name of any of our related companies without our prior written consent.
Links to third party sites
The VIF Website may contain links to third party websites. The links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or impliedly, any endorsement by us of the sites or the information, products or services provided at those sites. You access those sites and use the information, products and services made available at those sites solely at your own risk.
Linking to VIF Website
VIF welcomes links to VIF Website in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
- You may only create a link to the front page of VIF You must not create any links to a specific webpage within a VIF Website, a practice often known as “deep linking”.
- You must not create the link or use it in any way to represent or imply falsely, deceptively or confusingly that:
- we sponsor, endorse or are affiliated with or related to any third party (including you) or product; or
- you are providing, or are the source of, any goods or services provided by us.
- You use and link to VIF Website at your own risk, we will not be liable for any loss or damage from any cause (including negligence) to your website and system, or to people linking to us from your website(s), caused by or in connection with a link to a VIF Website. Any such loss or damage will be your responsibility.
- Your website, and any material on it, must conform to accepted standards of public decency and good taste. It must not expose us to any risk of liability under any criminal or civil law, or liability arising from the infringement of a third party’s rights. Neither you nor the material on your website may disparage us or our goods or services.
- You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all actions, claims, costs, demands, damages or liability arising in any manner from a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- Your website must not frame a webpage of VIF Website, and when a link to VIF Website is clicked by a user:
- the front page of the relevant VIF Website must be shown in full without distortion; and
- the URL of the front page of the relevant VIF Website must be displayed in the address bar of the user’s web browser.