From time to time, VIF may make services available via the VIF website, such as Online Services. These online services and the VIF website, will be collectively referred to as “VIFonline” in these terms.
Unless expressly stated otherwise in these terms, VIFonline is for residents of Canada only.
What you must do
1.2 You may use a security credential (“Member ID”) to access VIFonline. The Member ID could take the form of a username and password, a digital certificate or another security-related technology. We may require you to use a different type of Member ID to access different parts of VIFonline. The Member ID may be used only for the purposes of accessing VIFonline and for authorizing instructions or requests using the VIFonline services made available from VIFonline Any other use of your Member ID is prohibited.
1.3 If you are under 18 years of age, and do not have a VIF account, you must obtain a parent/guardian’s consent prior to using VIFonline
What you must not do
2.1 You must not:
- use VIFonline for any activities, or post or transmit to or via VIFonline any information or materials, which breach any laws or regulations, infringe a third party’s rights or privacy, or are contrary to any relevant standards or codes
- use VIFonline in a way, or post to or transmit to or via VIFonline any material, which interferes with other users or defames, harasses, threatens, menaces or offends any person or which inhibits any other user from using or enjoying VIFonline
- use VIFonline to send unsolicited commercial or bulkelectronic mail messages to anyone
- make any fraudulent or speculative enquiries, bookings, reservations or requests using VIFonline
- use another’s Member ID or name without permission
- provide false information when registering or changing your VIFonline registration details
- impersonate another person when using VIFonline
- post to or transmit to or via VIFonline any obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorized modifications to VIFonline
- knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to or via VIFonline ; and
- attempt any of the above acts or permit another person to do any of the above acts.
Prices and products and services are subject to change
3.1 All prices displayed and products and services offered for supply on VIFonline are subject to change without notice.
3.2 You should check the price of a product or service before placing an order for it.
5.1 We may delete and not deliver a WebMail mail message sent by you if:
- The size of the mail message (including attachments) exceeds 10MB or
- The size of the mail message (including attachments) when multiplied by the number of recipients of the mail message exceeds 10MB.
5.2 We will delete any WebMail message where that mail message is stored in the Deleted or Outbox folders of your WebMail electronic mailbox after 7 calendar days of the mail message first being stored in either of those folders.
5.3 A WebMail mail message will be stored for a maximum of 120 calendar days from the day you receive it. After this time, whether read or unread, the WebMail mail message will be deleted.
5.4 All WebMail mail messages that are deleted cannot be retrieved or accessed by you.
5.5 If we delete WebMail mail messages, or mail messages sent to your WebMail mailbox, we are not obliged to notify you or the sender of the mail message.
5.6 We will take reasonable steps to prevent you from receiving a WebMail mail message that we identify as containing a virus that we know about. We do not, however, guarantee that you will not receive a WebMail mail message with a virus. We recommend that you use up-to-date anti-virus software on the computer that you use to access WebMail.
5.7 We will take reasonable steps to prevent you from receiving a WebMail mail message that we identify as an unsolicited commercial or bulk mail message (commonly called “Spam”). We do not, however, guarantee that you will not receive an unsolicited commercial or bulk WebMail mail message.
5.8 You are responsible for all equipment and software used to access the messaging services, and for the consequences of any filtering or other application you choose to apply to the messaging service.
5.9 From time to time, we may send you, and you authorize us to send you, some important mail messages about the messaging services.
6.1 For security reasons we may require you to re-authenticate yourself from time to time, for example after a period of inactivity on the connection between your browser and the VIFonline servers. In addition to the types of loss set out, we are not responsible for any information you may lose if the VIFonline servers terminate your browser session due to prolonged periods of inactivity between your browser and the VIFonline servers.
6.2 You must comply with all directions issued by VIF relating to use of your Member ID and access to VIFonline VIF is not responsible for providing the computer, hardware, software nor any other equipment necessary to access the Internet. You must not send or disclose any part of your Member ID that is meant to be confidential (“Confidential Component of your Member ID”) (for example, the password component of your Member ID) to any other person or store it in a manner that would reasonably allow another person or entity to obtain access to it, except as specified in clause 6.3 below. If you choose to use a workplace email address to access VIFonline, you are responsible for ensuring that such use complies with any rules, policies or protocols which apply to the use of the Internet in your workplace.
6.3 You must not keep the Confidential Component of your Member ID in a location where it is capable of being copied or used by any other person or disclose the Confidential Component of your Member ID to any other person, other than:
- another person authorized by you to access and use VIFonline on your behalf or
6.5 You must immediately notify VIF if you become aware:
- that the Confidential Component of your Member ID has been compromised or is known by a third party (other than by an Authorized Person) or
- of any unauthorized use of your Member ID.
6.6 We will take reasonable steps to secure VIFonline and the systems in our control that are used to access VIFonline However, the internet is sometimes unreliable and is a difficult medium to secure. VIF does not guarantee the security of VIFonline or the systems (including the internet and your hardware and software) used to access VIFonline, or any information that passes through such systems.
7.1 VIF may use and provide personal information about you that is collected by VIF on VIFonline The collection and provision of this information is subject to privacy laws. VIF will comply with the VIF Privacy Statement in dealing with any personal information provided by you via VIFonline
7.3 To avoid doubt:
- by authorizing a person to use your Member ID under clause 6.3, you authorize to disclose to that person your personal information and
- by requesting via VIFonline that VIF send billing and payment information to a person’s email address or phone number, you authorize VIF to disclose to that person your personal information, in each case including information related to your VIF billings and payments.
8.1 If you register for VIF Online Billing, your billing preference will automatically change to the paperless option
8.2 It is your responsibility to regularly check the VIFonline website for your delivered online bills, which will generally be sent in accordance with normal billing cycles.
8.3 VIF is not obliged to notify you when a new bill is made available on the VIFonline website. As a courtesy, however, VIF will attempt to give you notice that your bill is available for viewing online (for example, by email). It is your responsibility to contact VIF if you do not receive bill notices.
8.4 Once your bill is delivered to the VIFonline site, your bill is payable by you by the due date specified in the bill, whether or not you receive, open or read any emails from VIF regarding online billing and whether or not you access or view your bill on the VIFonline site.
8.5 If you request via VIFonline that VIF send billing and payment information to a person’s email address, you nominate that person as your agent for the purpose of receiving VIF billing and payment information.
8.6 The presentation of an online bill may be affected by the settings or quality of the computer equipment and including software you use to view the online bill. We cannot control this, and we do not guarantee that the presentation of the online bill you view will not be distorted.
9.1 Given the nature of telecommunication systems, particularly the internet, we cannot guarantee that VIFonline will always be available or fault or virus free.
9.2 The terms that apply to the supply of VIFonline are those that are expressly set out in this document.
9.4 We are not responsible for loss caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control such as faults in equipment, loss of data or loss of profits or revenue and any other similar loss.
9.5 We are not responsible for loss caused when connection or WebMail messaging service are not available including without limitation indirect, special or punitive damages, economic loss, loss of data, information, revenues or earnings or the inability to realize projected savings.
10.1 The terms and conditions hereof may be amended by VIF from time to time. An updated version will be posted on the website at www.VIFonline
11.1 You may stop using VIFonline at any time, for any reason.
11.2 We may stop making VIFonline , or a part of VIFonline available with 30 days’ prior notice. Notice may be given by posting on the Vif website or sending you an email.
11.3 We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to VIFonline if:
- the breach is something which cannot be remedied or
- you fail to remedy the breach within 30 days’ of ourwritten notice to you of that breach
- there is an emergency.
Communication with you
12.1 As part of some online services available via VIFonline, we may communicate with you via email to an email address nominated by you. When we do this, the following will apply:
you are responsible for ensuring that your contact details for the online service/s are current, your email service account is operational and that you check your emails regularly for messages and
you must notify VIF as soon as possible of any changes to your contact details for the online services using the online method provided by VIF.
Use of your information and material
13.1 When you send us any feedback, suggestions, ideas or other materials in relation to or via VIFonline, you agree that we can use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt and transmit them to others free of charge and without restriction, subject to our obligations in our Privacy Statement.