To configure the Speedtouch 510/516 modem/router to let it stay connected 24/7, you will need to edit a few configuration before log in into it.
- Open up your Web Browser and type in http://192.168.1.254 in the address bar at the top and hit Enter.
- Click on the SpeedTouch menu on the left.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Set Up link.
- A new page will open up. Click Next.
- Select “Router” and click Next.
- Select VPI/VCI as “0.35” and “PPP over ethernet” and press Next.
- Enter your VIF Username with @vif.com
- Password and Confirm Password and click Next.
- Access control to be able to login to the modem next time
- Enter a User Name
- Password and Confirm Password click Next.
- Click on Start to begin configuration of the modem.
- Click on Finish when the modem is finished configuring
- In a few minutes, try to browse the internet, you should be able to surf now. If it doesnt work, check the DSL Status to see if your connected or not.