To configure the 2Wire 2700HG-E modem/router to let it stay connected 24/7, you will need to edit a few configuration before log in into it.
- Open a browser, in the address bar, type 192.168.1.254.
- Click on “Internet Connection”.
- Click on “Advanced Settings” and it will ask you for a password to login, type: admin.
- Make sure the Settings is on DSL
- Put the DSL Line Selection to “Automatic” then enter VPI as “0” and VCI as “35”.
- Set the ATM Encapsulation as “Bridged LLC”.
- Set the ATM PVC Search to “Disable”.
- Set connection Type as “PPPoE”.
- Enter your “username”, “password” and “confirm password”.
- Set forced Upstream MTU as “1492”.
- Click Save.
- In a few minutes, try to browse the internet, you should be able to surf now.
- If you want to setup the wireless, here are the instructions for it.
- Go on the “Home Network” page, then in “Wireless Settings”
- Put a check mark on “SSID Broadcast” and “Wireless Network Security”
- The Authentication could be set on WEP Open, WEP Share, WPA-PSK, best choice will be “WPA-PSK”.
- Use “Custom encryption key” and type the key you want. The default one is the one on the modem.
- Finally, click “Save”.